Tuskegee Criminal Lawyers
Few things can be more intimidating than being accused of a crime. Depending on the charges you are facing, your criminal record and a number of other factors, the consequences of a conviction can range from fines to probation, restitution, and imprisonment. Apart from this, being convicted of a crime can destroy your personal and professional reputation and curtail your rights and liberties as well.
If you are under investigation or have been charged with a crime, it’s essential to hire a formidable Tuskegee, AL criminal defense attorney as soon as you can. At Alsobrook Law Group, we have extensive experience in defending individuals facing state as well as federal misdemeanor and felony charges.
We can provide you with dedicated legal representation tailored to your unique needs and fight aggressively to get your criminal charges dismissed or reduced as best as possible. Contact us today to discuss your case with one of our seasoned Tuskegee, AL criminal defense attorneys.
Crime Rate in Tuskegee, AL – What Do the Numbers Say?
Tuskegee’s crime rate per 1,000 residents is 17.25, which is higher than the crime rate in many other cities of similar size and population in the country.
Tuskegee’s violent crime rate is 6.09 per 1,000 residents, which is higher than Alabama’s violent crime rate (5.96) as well as the national median (4.0). Particularly, the rate of assault crimes in Tuskegee is 5.19 per 1,000 residents, which is significantly higher than the national median of 2.84.
Due to the higher-than-average numbers, prosecutors in Alabama tend to aggressively prosecute most criminal cases and seek the harshest penalties possible.
It’s one of the reasons why you should never try to navigate the criminal justice system on your own – regardless of the charges you are facing. Even if you are innocent, you might not be able to defend yourself against the prosecution’s charges without witnesses and evidence on your own. In the absence of effective legal representation, the outcome of your case will be decided solely based on the evidence presented by the prosecution, which can significantly increase the risk of a conviction.
Steps Involved in a Criminal Case Process in Tuskegee, AL
During this step, authorities will investigate the case and determine whether you should be arrested.
The next step involves your arrest, after which you will be booked into a city or county jail. During the booking process, authorities will take your fingerprints and photographs. It should be noted that following your arrest, authorities might interrogate you about the case. You are not legally obligated to answer them (apart from confirming your name and address) and have the constitutional right to remain silent.
In this step, you will be informed of the criminal offenses you are charged with and your bail amount (if you are eligible for bail). If you are facing state or federal felony charges, you have the right to ask for a preliminary hearing, during which the judge will review the evidence against you and decide whether there is probable cause to indict you.
In some cases, a grand jury will be convened to decide whether the evidence against you is sufficient to indict you. If you are indicted, your case will be sent to a circuit court.
Pretrial Conferences and Hearings
This step involves pretrial conferences and hearings, during which the prosecutor and your defense attorney will meet to discuss the merits and weaknesses of your case. Depending on the circumstances, your attorney might be able to get the charges dropped or reduced to the extent possible. Your attorney might advise you to accept a plea bargain if they believe that it’s the best outcome that can be achieved under the circumstances.
If you are not offered a plea bargain or if you refuse to accept the deal offered by the prosecution, your case will proceed to trial. At the trial, a judge or jury will review the evidence presented by the prosecution and determine whether you are guilty or not guilty.
How Our Tuskegee, AL Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help You
Our top-rated Tuskegee criminal defense lawyers will be with you at every step of the criminal process and take all possible steps to defend your rights and achieve the best possible outcome. These include:
- We will investigate your case with the help of private investigators, forensic experts, and other experts and talk to witnesses to gather all the facts related to your case.
- We will explain your legal rights to you and give you an honest assessment of the situation you are in so that you have a realistic expectation of the outcome that can be achieved.
- We will be with you while you are interrogated by law enforcement officers and make sure you do not answer any question that can cause you to perjure yourself or incriminate yourself in any other way.
- We will review the prosecution’s case against you, comb through the evidence, and determine whether they can get a conviction. Based on our assessment, we will aggressively negotiate with the prosecution to get the charges dropped, dismissed, or reduced or seek alternative punishments like deferred prosecution or probation.
- If your case goes to trial, we will mount the strongest possible defense and make compelling arguments to achieve the best outcome possible. The prosecution has a heavy burden of proof in criminal cases to prove the defendant’s guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. Our defense lawyers will use their legal skills backed by meticulous evidence in your favor to prove that reasonable doubt exists in the prosecution’s case against you.
Get Results-Oriented Legal Representation from Our Highly Rated Tuskegee, AL Criminal Lawyers
At Alsobrook Law Group, we firmly believe that everyone who is accused of a crime has the right to defend themselves – regardless of how serious the charges against them might be. It’s why we aggressively defend our clients and give them a fighting chance to protect their reputation and freedom.
Our criminal defense attorneys in Tuskegee, AL will:
- Build a powerful legal defense strategy in consultation with you.
- Present strong evidence to bolster your defense.
- Present and cross-examine witnesses with acumen.
- Make comprehensive arguments to convince the jury of your innocence.
- Question and expose the weaknesses in the prosecution’s evidence.
- Rebut the prosecution’s arguments and show their failure to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Our legal team is led by Zach Alsobrook – who is a distinguished criminal defense attorney who has a track record of successfully defending people facing misdemeanor as well as felony offenses. An expert negotiator and litigator, Zach is licensed to practice in state as well as federal courts.
Our legal team can handle a wide range of cases – from theft to DUI, assault, drug crimes, sex crimes, and white-collar crimes. We can represent you, make sure you are treated fairly by the system and put up a vigorous defense to achieve a positive outcome.
Call our firm today at 334-737-3718 or get in touch with us online to schedule an appointment with our reputable Tuskegee, AL criminal defense attorney.